We were very happy to have the rest of the family join us. Especially Small Fry. He loves his cousins and was happy to have kids to play with instead of just Mom and Dad. The only bummer part of this trip was that Cheesy Fry had homework to stay caught up on. So we went on a few adventures without him.
Even though he had homework to do, there was still time for a quick work out
First thing to do was of course go swimming. The pool was really neat with lots of different sections, depths, bridges and cavern type things.
Here is Small Fry in his new snorkeling gear. He and cousin E would jump off
swim around
to the stairs
climb up
get ready
and do it all over again
I loved that with his life jacket he could go swimming all by himself. That way I didn't have to get in if I didn't want to. I know, I'm a lame-o
While dinner was being prepared the kids started getting a little restless. So M and I took the little ones on a walk.
That's M's thumb there.
It was a little cloudy and windy which I thought made the walk quite pleasant. Not too hot =)
Doesn't that little cliff/rock on the far left look like a great place
to sit and watch the ocean? There's even a comfortable chair there just
waiting for someone to go enjoy. Can't see it?
Here's a closeup for you
The kids were really enjoying this walk. The thumbs are up to prove it.
We never made it to the beach that you can see here. Little I got tired and missed his Mama.
So we took him back to his room and went to the beach on the other side of the hotel which was quicker and easier to get to.
These little black things were all over. We didn't know what they were at first until we got a closer look.
And discovered that they were little crabs and they were everywhere!
We looked farther out on the rocks and saw tons of larger crabs as well.
I don't know if you can see them in this picture but there are 3 on those rocks in the middle.
It was fun to watch them jumping in and out of the water.
And remember how I told you you'd get a glimpse of the shower?
This is what Small Fry did at the end of every beach/pool filled day. He loved to take his time in there and sing away. The towel happens to hang at just the perfect spot =)
No comments:
Post a Comment