Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thanksgiving! Well, the day after...

Thanksgiving day was spent at my Grandma's house with lots of extended family. She hosts a huge gathering every year and we love to go there. The day after was spent with members of the Fry side that are in Utah. All Frys who were out of Utah, we missed you...

I decided to try a new technique for cooking the turkey this year. It's called spatchcocking, yeah you read that right, and it's supposed to cook the turkey much faster and more evenly.
Here's Martha Stewart's perfect little picture of what it's supposed to be.
The turkey in the picture above is around 12 lbs. Well, Costco didn't have a 12 lb turkey. Their smallest was about 22 lbs. What did I learn from this? It's ok not to get a turkey from Costco! This beast was so hard to spatchcock.
I couldn't even do it myself. Luckily, Cheesy Fry is a man of muscle and stepped in to help with the monster.
It didn't even come close to fitting in my half sheet pan. Used my gigantic roasting pan instead.
Mmmm Deliciousness
Apples for the stuffing
Roasted pancetta and mushrooms for the stuffing.
No picture of the finished stuffing though. Whoops
Setting the table. So excited

Gorgeous, gorgeous

Pumpkin pie with a secret ingredient of maple syrup. I used the maple leaf to give a little hint ;)
Banana cream pie.
I forgot to take a picture of the chocolate peanut butter torte! What a shame... It was delicious.
Small Fry took pics of the hostess and chefs.
He's not pictured but Chewie Uncle came later to enjoy the eating.



We all felt the same way Mr. Bear. Sooo much fooood!
Small Fry watching a movie while the adults played board games. First he tore the couch apart and then sat still to watch the movie. =)



No comments: